LINQ to SharePoint 0.2.4 alpha release for .NET Framework 3.5 and WSS 3.0
- LINQ query provider for runtime translation of LINQ queries to CAML queries
- Support for both C# 3.0 and VB 9.0
- Debugger visualizer for LINQ to SharePoint queries
- Entity creation wizard for Visual Studio 2008
- SpMetal tool for SharePoint list entity creation
- MSI setup
Read the 0.2.4 Alpha release bulletin
on the LINQ to SharePoint team blog
for more information about this release's core features.
Please keep in mind the alpha stage of the project. Do use it for evaluation and feedback purposes only. Usage in production environments is completely at the end-user's own risk.
- To use LINQ to SharePoint, you'll just need to download the installer runtime binary. It will install the required components and reconfigure Visual Studio 2008.
- If you want to see how LINQ to SharePoint works, download the source code. This will require the Visual Studio 2008 SDK.
Several users have reported issues with components missing in the GAC after the installation. This issue only affects integration with Visual Studio 2008. We'll fix this issue in a subsequent release, the current workaround is to GAC these assemblies manually. The instructions are outlined below; we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience even though this is an alpha release:
- Start a Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt (on Vista, make sure you Run as Administrator)
- Enter "cd %programfiles%\BdsSoft Linq to SharePoint"
- Execute the following commands:
- gacutil -i BdsSoft.SharePoint.Linq.dll
- gacutil -i BdsSoft.SharePoint.Linq.ObjectModelProvider.dll
- gacutil -i BdsSoft.SharePoint.Linq.Tools.Spml.dll
- gacutil -i BdsSoft.SharePoint.Linq.Tools.EntityGenerator.dll