LINQ to SharePoint 0.2.3 alpha release for Orcas Beta 2 and WSS 3.0
Downlevel compatibility with older versions of SharePoint does matter to us but hasn't been validated thoroughly yet. No commitments are made at this stage of the project.
- LINQ query provider for runtime translation of LINQ queries to CAML queries
- Support for both C# 3.0 and VB 9.0
- Debugger visualizer for LINQ to SharePoint queries
- Entity creation wizard for Visual Studio 2008
- SpMetal tool for SharePoint list entity creation
- MSI setup
Read the 0.2.3 Alpha release bulletin
on the LINQ to SharePoint team blog
for more information about this release's core features.
Please keep in mind the alpha stage of the project. Do use it for evaluation and feedback purposes only. Usage in production environments is completely at the end-user's own risk.
- To use LINQ to SharePoint, you'll just need to download the installer runtime binary. It will install the required components and reconfigure Visual Studio 2008.
- If you want to see how LINQ to SharePoint works, download the source code. This will require the following dependencies:
- Visual Studio 2008 SDK for Beta 2
- The SharePoint object model core assembly, Microsoft.SharePoint.dll, in the GAC. This assembly will be present on machines running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0; alternatively you can install the LINQ to SharePoint MSI 'runtime binary' which contains this assembly.