This project is read-only.

FileNotFoundException (BdsSoft.SharePoint.Linq)

Aug 19, 2009 at 5:57 AM

Hi,

Thanks for this helpful project. I am building an ASP.NET website using your project. In my solution, I have a Class library where all the logic is done which includes the *.spml file and a website which uses the class library as a reference. When I run the solution in VS 2008, everything works well BUT when I move the solution to server, I get an error. When I checked the Event Viewer on the server, below is the exception which isn't handled:

Exception information:
    Exception type: FileNotFoundException
    Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'BdsSoft.SharePoint.Linq, Version=0.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c9246ff4557ee8a2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I will be very grateful for your help.

Thanks,

Matrich

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Hi all,

It seems I have gotten a work around for the error I was getting above. In my published website, I added the BdsSoft.SharePoint.Linq.dll file to the Bin folder and everything worked again. Hope this helps someone else who might get the same problem.

On another note, is this project still live or dead? I emailed Bart and also posted here the above problem. And in a week or so, i got no response even to acknowledge. Anywayz, thanks for the great project THO I was going to go back to CAML.

Thanks,
Matrich